Jun 1, 2012

After 35 years, the Group of Seven still exists!

I grew up in St. Lambert, which is on the south shore of Montreal, Quebec.  Chambly County High School was really small, 500 students from grades 8 to 11.  
I belonged to the "Bridge Club", seven of us were really good friends.  This picture was taken in 1973, the year we graduated.




Here we are with Mr. King, our Biology teacher.  It looks as though we were celebrating someone's birthday, but none of us remember whose it was!
Left to right, Louisa Leggett, Cynthia Crook, Kate Church, Laurie Neale, Mr. King, (don't remember the boy's name), Andrea Roberts, Heather Edwardson's cheek, Karen Pedersen, and me (Cynthia Kennedy) in the far right corner.
Some of us have known each other since Elementary School!




Here we are at an open house at Andrea's parent's home for her pre-wedding.  December, 1977.  We were all 21 years old.


Laurie initiated the idea of us all getting together for a reunion......We met in Toronto over the Victoria Day weekend.  
We had such a fantastic time together, it was as if the years melted away.....we picked up right where we left off.  We have all matured and life's trials have seasoned us for the better.




Me, Cynthia (California), Heather (Niagara Valley, Ontario), Kate (Maine), Louisa (Edmonton, Alberta), Karen (Edmonton, Alberta), Andrea (Maine) and Laurie (Holland)


After 35 years, the "Group of Seven" still exists :)


post signature

3 comments:

  1. All of you are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing reunion. Those pictures brought back many memories. We graduated from high school the same year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is something incredible. I'm very proud of all of you. How amazing. I graduated in 1975. I'd be super hard pressed to find 1 girl I graduated with. I changed HS in my junior year and moved away. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete