Dec 21, 2012

Christmas Decorations III

Welcome back!
These are my nativity sets.  
Two of them belonged to my mother in law.
She bought the Lladro when she visited Spain.
The wood manger scene is made from olive wood and my mother in law bought it when she visited Jerusalem.
The others were given to me by some dear friends.  
My daughter made me the tablerunner for Christmas one year, it's my favorite one!


I keep my "Thanksgiving Dinner" quilt up throughout the Christmas holidays.  Someday I will make a Christmas one.


There is a wet bar next to the dining room table.


I have this holly garland which I just drape over this clock.


This is the table behind the couch in the family room.


A close up of cute little children with Santa.
The photo in the middle is of my youngest son, Sean.
He was 7 years old at the time.  Now he is 19 and serving a two year church mission in Brazil.  This will be the first Christmas that we have spent apart.  The other photos are some of my precious grandchildren.


I bought these glass stars at Pier One Imports, years ago.
I put little tea lights in them and they glow.


Back to the dining room table.  Any excuse for sparkle!


Finally, our Christmas tree.
It is fresh from the Sierras, it's called a Silver Tip.
It's kind of different, sort of like a Snoopy tree!
I had to decorate it differently because the branches are in rows.
I added the silver beads this year, and added tinsel, or icicles.


The tree is much prettier with the pearl lights on.


I really love decorating for the holidays.  I don't even mind putting it all away, either.  Thanks for letting me share it with you.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia,
    Everything looks so beautiful for Christmas. Nicely done. Love the poem also, it is beatiful.
    thanks for sharing. I need to find what to do with my unfinished blog.
    Hoping you had a nice New Year.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete