Dec 14, 2012

Doll Quilt

I made a doll quilt to go with the doll bassinet and the dolly diaper bag that I made for my 2 l/2 year old grand daughter Maisie.
I wanted to keep it simple, so I sewed 9 charm pack squares together.  I quilted it with swirly swirls :)  It's a good way to practice my machine quilting.


Whenever I bind a quilt, I put the leftover binding in a box.  
I use the leftover binding for doll quilts or for a scrappy binding.
There are four different fabrics used in this leftover binding.
I just attach whatever binding fabrics I think look nice together.


Do you see the four different prints in the binding?
I think it adds interest to the quilt.


I hand sewed the binding to the back of the quilt.
I made a little pillow that fits into the doll bassinet perfectly!
I just cut two pieces of fabric, sewed around the edges making sure to leave an opening.  I stuffed the pillow with fiber fill and sewed the opening closed on the sewing machine.  Very easy!


I don't have the doll to show you how he looks in the bassinet.
I used a porcelain doll, but she's a little long.


You get the idea....
I would have loved a gift like this when I was little!
I wish I could watch Maisie open her gifts on Christmas morning.
I would love to see her reaction :)



post signature

3 comments:

  1. That is so adorable, perfect size. I think I will make my granddaughter a little doll quilt just like yours! And your little baby bed is just adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky grandbabies. The porceline doll is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your doll blanket. What a great idea for bindings. I'll start doing that! And the doll bed is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete