Mar 6, 2013

Benjamin's Button-On Suit

I can't believe I got it done! 
I am so excited about finishing Benjamin's blessing outfit :)
I love how it turned out, I hope his mom will be happy with it.
I sewed my heart out....
Did I mention that the last time I sewed this pattern, it was for my now 19 year old son?  Lol...He was 3 when I made him his last smocked outfit. 
 We lived in the South so it wasn't uncommon to look like "Little Lord Fontleroy".
The pants are little knickers.  (cute!)


I used six antique buttons to attach the pants to the shirt.
The fabric is Swiss cotton.


I added a little label to the inside of the shirt.


This is a view of the back of the shirt.


I used antique pearl buttons and only two are the same.
I thought it added character to have them all just a little different.


Benjamin's blessing is on Sunday.
I will share photos of Benjamin in his outfit next Wednesday.
I hope it fits him okay, keep your fingers crossed :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. The blessing dress I just finished for my new granddaughter is no where near as complicated as your little suit, but I used the same pattern as the dress I made my daughter 35 years ago! They just don't have the same nice patterns now as they did back then! I was pretty amazed that I still had the pattern! (and could find it...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job, Cynthia! What an heirloom to be handed down generation to generation.

    ReplyDelete