Sep 20, 2013

Patchwork Please! Triangle Patchwork Box Pouch


I finished Ayumi's "Triangle Patchwork Box Pouch.
I posted a tutorial of the paper pieced triangles here.
This is the fun book that is full of goodies!


I love the triangles!


Look at all of these delicious colors!


I really like the grey chevron bottom :)


This is a view from the top, I like the contrast of the red zipper and the blue Amy Butler fabric.


A bird's eye view of the "sew cherry" lining.
The lining was hand sewn to the pouch.


The pouch wasn't a quick sew, partly because of the paper piecing, the zipper and the hand sewn lining.
I really enjoyed making it because the end result is so cute!!!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Wow Cynthia! Now this one intimidates me... But I know I'm going to have to give it a try. I have Ayumi's book so I don't have any excuses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pouch is very pretty but looks very time consuming. All those half-square triangles and paper-pieced yet (shudder). I do love all the colours and the contrast is beautiful. The end result is definitely worth it! Congrats! Great job Cynthia!
    May I please ask what the name of the gray fabric with the little leaves and dotted cross-hatch is? I keep seeing it on various blogs and have gotten quite fond of it. But can I find it without typing in a name? Oh no.
    And no one ever mentions it. Please let me know if you have time. Thank You. Very gratefully yours, Luba (chris.luba@sympatico.ca)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a comment but it seems to have disappeared. I try again.
    Your pouch is lovely! I love all the pretty colours and the contrast. You did an excellent job Cynthia!!
    May I please ask what the gray fabric with the little leaves and dotted cross-hatch print under the pouch is called? I keep seeing it on various blogs and really like it but seem to find it as I don't know the name of it. Please let me know if you have time? I would appreciate it very much. Very grtaefully yours, Luba (chris.luba@sympatico.ca)

    ReplyDelete