Sep 4, 2013

RBD Mystery Block of the Month - August


August's Riley Blake Design mystery block of the month is a Dresden block.
I have always wanted to make one of these blocks and it is so easy!
I really want to make a quilt with dresdens.
There are 20 different petals in this block, it was fun choosing all the different shades and prints of pink.
I don't really know why I'm making this quilt in pink, (maybe it's because I have 7 grand daughters) but I do need to sash in a different color to subdue all the pink!
Here is a link to my Pinterest Board where you can find the tutorial for August's Dresden block.


Here's a close up of all the different prints.
My fabric stash has definately grown in the past 5 years!


September will be the last of nine blocks and then I'll be able to assemble all nine blocks into a quilt :)

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely L•O•V•E Dresden blocks and yours is no exception!!!! Can't wait to see your finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I am sooo far behind on this BOM (like I only have two of the blocks done behind). Seeing yours makes me want to get back to work on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CYNTHIA,O SEU TRABALHO SER WONDERFUL!!!.BEIJO.VALÉRIA.(BRASIL).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que adorável!!

    Parabéns, amei!!

    beijinhos,

    Lígia e =^.^=
    http://lilasesazuis.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete