Mar 3, 2014

Honeycomb Table Topper with tutorial link


I bought Lori Holt's Hexie Half Ruler.


 The rulers made this honeycomb table topper much easier!
I zigzagged the inner hexes to the larger ones with invisible thread.  
I don't know if that would work very well on a quilt that will have lots of washings, but I think it's okay for this table topper.
I bound it with a solid color, scrappy binding.


I used my walking foot to machine quilt, and I was really happy with the results.  
It would have taken me forever to do this on my old machine.
I just love my Bernina 750 QE, I feel very spoiled :)


I used Kona charcoal for the side borders.


I can reverse the table topper and use it for Christmas or Valentine's  or even Canada Day, with the bright red backing :)
If you would like a tutorial about how to make a quilt using this method, Lori has one here.
I would love to make a full size quilt like hers one of these days.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment