May 26, 2014

Great Granny Sew Along


Hi everyone, I'm back from my travels and spending time with family!
I have been sewing my heart out, trying to catch up :)
This was the block I made with the balls of yarn and crochet hook.


Greg from Grey Dogwood Studio sent me some black Pam Kitty fabric, so I made another block with a black crochet hook, instead of a green one.
You can read about that here.


I made all my Mama blocks, adding some black ones here and there for a pop of color and interest.


I trimmed the basket and balls of yarn in black, and plan to bind the quilt in black also.
I couldn't decide on a border for the quilt, there are so many colors and possibilities.
My first choice would have been the red and white polka dot that I used for the basket handle, but didn't have enough.
I chose the strawberry print that I used for the basket, and now I have a happy little quilt that I'll probably use for a table runner on my black dining room table.
I've had a great time making this quilt and seeing everyone else's pretty creations on the flickr page.
Thanks Lori, at Bee in my Bonnet.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! The little pops of black and the strawberry border are perfect!

    ReplyDelete