Jul 21, 2014

Scrappy Summer Sew Along - Sweet and Simple Table Runner


I made this Scrappy Happy table runner, you can find the tutorial at Bee in my Bonnet here.


After sewing all the Easy Corner Triangles, I had these triangles left over.
They were big enough to cut l l/2" squares.


I layed out all my little squares, plus others that I retrieved from my l l/2" square box.


I used my Alphabitties and labelled all the colored sections.
I had never used them before, and discovered that they were invaluable.
I always get my little blocks mixed up and out of order.
Not this time!  Thank you Alphabitties!
You can find them at the Fat Quarter Shop, and they're very
inexpensive :)


Here's my table runner all sewn together, and waiting for the border.
I used a Lakehouse dot for the background, one I've had for a few years.


I'm making this table runner for my daughter in law.
She got a new hall table and I offered to make her a table runner.
She wanted me to use some bright colors.
The border I used tones down the bright colors a bit and it has inspirational quotes that add whimsy!


The border is 2" finished, here is another closeup of all the cute little prints that I used.


Scrappy squares can be very meaningful.
I can tell you what project I used each and every piece of fabric for.


I'm a sucker for polka dots and cherries and gingham :)


Here's the finished table runner.
I am going to call the repair shop today and see if my sewing machine has been fixed.
I really miss it and have a long line of projects waiting to be quilted.


Thanks for stopping by, I'll see you again in a couple of days :)
post signature


2 comments:

  1. Love the border you used on your tablerunner. I think it will be a conversation piece when placed on your daughter-in-law's hallway table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both runners! I see some familiar fabrics in there. :) Congrats on some finishes!

    ReplyDelete