Jun 8, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage - Week 6


Hi Everyone :)
It's week 6 for Farm Girl Vintage Fridays.
I decided to make the Scrappy Haystack Sampler on page 133, because I have over a hundred Haystacks blocks that I've been sewing as leaders and enders.
The quilt requires 144 - 6" Haystack blocks, and 12 - 12" blocks.
I was on my way to sewing my favorite 12" blocks.
I quickly realized that it's a lot of fun participating in the QAL if I make all the blocks, so I'm also going to make the Farm Girl Sampler quilt.
I showed you Week 1 here.
These are the blocks from Week 2.
This is my Autumn Star Block.


Here's my Baby Chick Block.
I think she's really cute with the heart and her embroidered legs :)


Moving on to Week 3, here's my Baking Day Block, I love red and aqua in my kitchen!


This is my Butter Churn Block.
I'm also trying to use mostly Lori Holt fabrics.


Here is Week 4.
This Canning Season Block was really difficult to sew in a 6" size because the pieces were so little!
They look a little distorted, that's just because of my lack of "photo cropping" skills.
I have 2 jars of strawberries, one of cherries to make my husband his favorite cherry pie, a can of dill pickles, a can of orange marmalade made from our orange tree, and have you ever heard of canned cakes???


Here's my Chicken Foot Block.
I made this one a long time ago, when Lori was doing her Quilty Barn Alongs on her blog :)


Week 5 is my Churn Dash Block with a twist, a quilty little heart borrowed from the Baby Chick in Week 2.
I especially love this one!
The colors are bright and happy :)


Here's my Cool Threads Block, I'm not really crazy about the color I chose for the spools, there isn't enough contrast and it's a little dull.
I'm sorry for the puckers and the loose threads, but it's too late to take another photo.


I'm all caught up now, here's Week 6.
I love my Corn and Tomatoes Block, especially with the large "Sew Cherry" red gingham on the corners!
What a perfect name for this block, I had no choice but to sew it in red and yellow :)


Finally, there is the Country Crossroads Block.



These are all of my 12" and 6" Farm Girl Vintage blocks, so far.


Have you joined the Farm Girl Vintage QAL?  
It's so much fun posting on Instagram and seeing everyone else's blocks and how they've designed them :)
I'm beginning to wonder what I'm going to do with all my quilts?
I like to give them to family members, but don't really know if they need or want any more quilts.
I can't stop now, I have too much fabric in my stash, lol!
If you want to join the QAL, you can find the info here, on Lori's blog.

post signature


1 comment: